MEMBERSHIP AND MODE OF ENTRY
- i. Membership of the movement shall be open to every Nigerian Private school teachers irrespective of his/her religious, ethnic, regional, gender, social, economic or political status, provided that:
- The person must be a decent and patriotic Nigerian Private school teachers not lower than 18years
- He / She accepts the aims, objectives, principles, Ideology, fundamental values, polices and programmes of the Association.
- Qualifies for either honorary or life membership
- The National Nigerian Private school teachers Leaders must be nominated or elected by the state or zonal chapters as their legal representative. NAPST is made up of members from the 36 states of the country and FCT, and diaspora Nigerian Private School teachers.
- Each member shall pay a registration fee of One Thousand Naira (N1000) and the prescribed annual fee for them to enjoy all rights and privileges at the State / National Convention.
- LIFE/HONOURARY MEMBERSHIP:
- Life membership shall be conferred on those members of NAPST, that have distinguished themselves, with dedication to NAPST WITHOUT BAD RECORDS, such members must have served as registered members at any given point
- Honorary membership shall be conferred on deserving and patriotic citizens of Nigeria who believes in the aims, objectives, ideology, principles, and fundamental values, polices and programme of NAPST and have shown it by their performance / Actions but shall not be eligible to contest for positions or vote in elections
- Conferment of Honorary membership shall be a decision of the National Leadership in consultations with the relevant committees after a recommendation from his or her state Leader(s)
iii. AFFILIATE MEMBERSHIP:
NAPST may at the discretion of its relevant organs admit as affiliate members, International Private school teachers, any group or association that subscribes to the fundamental aims, objectives, principles, ideology, fundamental values, policies and programs of the Association especially those organized and working at the grassroots/community levels